Do you need help navigating the health care system?
OHC Volunteers are happy to be of help! You do not need a doctors’ appointment to come to OHC and get assistance navigating the health care system. There is a computer available to the general pubic at the OHC Info Desk—enter from the parking lot through the main doors on your left. We have created a special website called OHC for Health https://ohcforhealth.com/ which provides links to all the services available locally and provincially under the categories LIVE for health, PLAY for health, WORK for health and LEARN for health. Drop by and let OHC volunteers help you find the information you are looking for ….and if you would like to volunteer, drop in to see Lorraine on the second floor, or call 902-275-3847
Thrive – Mental Health Walk-in Clinic OHC second floor- NEW TIME
• FREE 50 minute one-on-one or family sessions every TUESDAY 3-8 pm.
• In person, phone, or virtual appointments available with Shauna Van Niekerk
• Call Erin 902-273-2098 anytime after 2 on Tuesdays to make an appointment.
Hearing Life 1st floor/FLEX ROOM 2
• Every Wednesday 9:00am – 4:30pm.
• Please call 1-888-514-9515 (toll free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book. Services include hearing tests, hearing aid fitting and repair, hearing aid maintenance and cleaning, custom hearing protection and
wax removal. We are now accepting new patients!
Open Mindfulness Group (OMG) via ZOOM
• FREE: Thursdays 9am-10am
• Facilitated by experienced mindfulness practitioners …all welcome!
• Contact Julia Creighton for more information email@example.com
Second Story Women’s Centre (SSWC) 1st floor/ FLEX ROOM 2
• Monday afternoons based on availability; call Nicole to book 1-902-640-3044 X 115
• FREE: SSWC supports women and gender-oppressed people, provides safer spaces, and advocates for social change. Our vision is gender equity and safe, healthy relationships on the South Shore.
Private Counselling 1st floor / FLEX ROOM 2
• Compassionate Connections Therapeutic & Consulting Services
• Please call Shauna (902) 877-5855 for a brief telephone consultation, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutrition Counselling 1st floor /FLEX ROOM 1
• Saturday am based on availability Alana Barry, Registered Dietitian, will be joining us as a visiting provider from “902 Athletics Health & Wellness”
• If you are interested in learning more, or to book an appointment with Alana, you can contact her at email@example.com, or by calling her at 902-212-2490.
Textiles & Tea OHC COMMUNITY ROOM
• FREE-Friday May 6 & 20; June 3 & 17 from 3pm-5pm ALL WELCOME!!
• Facilitator: Kathleen Long is an experienced knitting, spinning and textile instructor who is happy to help, and loves an opportunity to provide a welcoming space to learn, visit or socialize.