NS Health Authority (NSH) services at OHC during COVID-19
NS Health Primary Care clinic on the first floor: 1-902-275-4414 PRESS OPTION 2; fax: 1-902-275-5080
• Monday – Friday: 08:30 am – 04:00 pm Phones not answered from 12:00 – 1:00 pm for lunch.
• Clinic is operating in a reduced capacity to help reduce the spread of Covid-19. At this time, we are offering phone and in-person appointments depending on your clinical concern. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
• Thank you from Drs. Lucas, Hackshaw, Aktar and Finnegan, Nancy LaPierre NP, Sierra Kaizer RN/FPN; Dominque Kwan/Social Worker
NS Health Mental Health & Addiction Services- first & second floors:
• The Opioid Use Disorder Clinic: Self-referral, for more information or to book an appointment call 902-634-8807 ext. 171-3307.
• For other Mental Health & Addictions services please call the Bridgewater office 1-902-543-5400 or the provincial intake line at 1-855-922-1122.
NS Health Continuing Care- second floor:
• If you have questions or concerns, please call the intake line 1-800-225-7225.
NS Health Public Health -second floor:
• Staff will be working from home; if you have questions or concerns, please call 1-902-275-3581; 1-902-634-4014 or 1-902-543-0850
NS Health Blood Clinic -first floor:
• Mondays & Thursdays 7:30 am – 1:00 pm
• WATER SAMPLES & other specimens must be dropped off by 10:30 am on Mondays & Thursdays
• Call to book: 1-833-998-2722 between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.- Mon. to Fri. or book online at:
NS Health Nicotine Addiction Treatment Groups
• To minimize the risk of exposure, groups will continue to be temporarily suspended, but that could change soon. Individual services will be offered via Telephone or Zoom. If you would like to self-refer, call the Nicotine Coordinator at 1-902-527-5083
1 on 1 sessions (phone/virtual/in-person) typically for 8 weeks, but can be flexible to meet client needs. F2F Group on Thursday evenings @ 6pm for 8 weeks (Group is currently suspended due to Covid-19 but that could change soon) Call for details and to register. By engaging in the nicotine programs clients are eligible to receive funding towards their nicotine quit aids (patches, gum, lozenges, mouth spray, inhaler, Zyban & Chempax).
NS Health Diabetic Clinic: first floor:
• Call 1-902-634-7338 to make an appointment and/or to get an update on the return of the Lunenburg Hospital`s satellite diabetic clinic to OHC.
If you have concerns or questions for NS Health contact 1-844-884-4177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For trusted, everyday health information and advice, call the NSHealth 811 line to speak to a registered nurse 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FAMILY DOCTOR, please call 811, or visit www.needafamilypractice.nshealth.ca to add your name to the provincial waiting list
COVID TESTING SITE: Bridgewater 210 Aberdeen Rd 902-543-0453 Mon-Sunday 8am-4 pm