Healthier People - Healthier Communities
why are community health centres special?
The Community Health Centre model is unique because it is community-governed and focused on the conditions for health in the community, such as food security, housing, and social inclusion.
Visit http://nshachc.org to read more about Nova Scotia Community Health Centre’s and the latest information on vaccinations.
HEARTFELT thanks to the United Way of Lunenburg County for joining Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia in funding Our Health Centre`s THRIVE Mental Health Walk-In Clinic!
THRIVE MENTAL HEALTH CLINIC HAS A NEW PHONE NUMBER:
(902) 273-2283 starting September 6th
How do I get a doctor at OHC?
Family Medicine Clinic: The first thing you can do is make sure your name is on the Nova Scotia provincial waiting list.
There are two ways to register – call 811 or go to www.needafamilypractice.ca
All NS Health (NSH) doctors who work at the first-floor family medicine Community Care Clinic at OHC take on new patients, in sequence, from the provincial waiting list. Once your name comes up to the top of the list you will be called by one of the NS Health receptionists from the first-floor clinic.
Walk-in with Appointment Clinic
The OHC Association offers a Walk-In with Appointment Clinic on the second floor at OHC. The walk-in clinic is for anyone- people without a doctor, people with a doctor who cannot get in to see their doctor, people from anywhere in Nova Scotia, and people from anywhere outside Nova Scotia. The Walk-in with Appointment Clinic schedule is posted on our website www.ourhealthcentre.ca and on our Facebook page.
Call 902-273-2098 30 minutes before any walk-in clinic shift to book your appointment.
Nova scotia health services at OHC
|Contact Information:Phone: 1-902-275-4414 *option 2*Fax: 1-902-275-5080Address:P.O. Box 580 3769 Hwy 3 Chester, NS B0J 1J0||Health Care Team:Nancy LaPierre NPDr. Nina LucasDr. Christian HackshawDr. Asim AktarDr. Maria FinneganDr. Kory JollymoreDominique Kwan, Clinical Therapist|
Chester Community Clinic, Nova Scotia Health COVID-19 update:
- Our clinic is operating in a reduced capacity to help reduce the spread of Covid-19. At this time, we are offering phone and in-person appointments depending on your clinical concern. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- In person appointments: please ensure you follow current covid-19 guidelines when visiting our clinic. For more information: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
- Currently, the Chester Community Clinic is NOT offering the Covid-19 Vaccine in office. For more information on eligibility and vaccination clinics:
- Book a vaccine appointment by phone: 1-833-797-7772
NSH Mental Health & Addiction Services – First & Second floors:
- The Opioid Use Disorder Clinic: Self-referral – for more information or to book an appointment call 902-634-8807 ext. 171-3307
- For other Mental Health & Addictions services please call the Bridgewater office intake line 1-902-543-5400 or 1-855-922-1122
NSH Continuing Care – Second floor:
- If you have questions or concerns please call the intake line 1-800-225-7225
NSH Public Health – Second floor:
- Staff will be working from home; if you have questions or concerns please call 1-902-275-3581; 1-902-634-4014 or 1-902-543-0850
NSH Blood Clinic-first floor:
Patients wishing to book appointments online at Our Health Centre, or other locations, can now visit http://booking.nshealth.ca
Patients without internet access can still book blood collection appointments by phone by calling toll-free 1-833-998-2722 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). Unfortunately, there is no ability to leave a message on this phone line.
Blood collection at Our Health Centre takes place each Monday & Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and booking instructions can be found online: http://www.nshealth.ca/blood-collection
Please note, appointments are needed for blood collection at all Nova Scotia Health sites due to COVID-19 precautions. Walk-in services are not available.
NSH Diabetic Clinic- first floor:
- Please call 1-902-624-7338 for an update on the satellite services offered at OHC.
NSH Smoking Cessation Program- second floor
- To minimize the risk of exposure, groups will continue to be temporarily suspended. Individual services will be offered via Telephone or Zoom. If you would like to self-refer, please call Caelin Campbell at 1-902-527-5083
If you have questions for the NS Health Authority contact 1-902-527-5810 or 1-855-881-7061; email@example.com
For trusted, everyday health information and advice, call the Nova Scotia Health Authority`s 811 line to speak to a registered nurse 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FAMILY DOCTOR : Please call 811 or visit www.needafamilypractice.nshealth.ca to add your name to the provincial waiting list